Place2Be's Taster Day gives you the chance to experience Place2Be training and see what it is like to be a children's counsellor. It is the entry point for all of our qualification courses and forms part of the assessment for those who go on to apply for further training with Place2Be.
Place2Be counselling training is highly experiential and participants will use a wide range of play materials, as well as experience games and other tools that support self-awareness and engagement with children. Our training promotes the use of creative methods to enable children to express themselves and support them in finding ways to flourish.
What it covers:
• Use of play and creative materials to support counselling
• Use of metaphor
• The importance of counsellors' self-awareness
• The model of training needed to become a counsellor or therapist working with children.
Useful for those who:
• Wish to gain insight into the field of counselling for children
• Are already working with children and are looking to enhance their skills
• Are interested in experiencing training with Place2Be
• Want to enrol on a Place2Be qualification course (within 12 months of attending a Taster Day)
• Open to all
Dates and Costs
We schedule around four Taster Days per month in London (one of which will be on a weekend) and one Taster Day per month in other locations. If you cannot make the dates listed, please visit the Taster Day page the following month as new dates will be made available.