We are looking for a qualified Child Psychotherapist responsible for the development and implementation of Terapia’s Therapeutic Services.
Candidates will have experience of business development in children’s or related services such as social care, health, public sector contracting. Previous administrative, budgeting and ideally management experience required.
Terapia is a well-established Child and Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling training organisation. The Centre provides counselling in schools and for statutory and non-statutory organisations in North & Greater London. We are based in a newly converted building in Finchley Central N3 and offer a wide range of mental health services for children, young people, parents and families.
Purpose: This role has the overall strategic and administrative responsibility for running Terapia’s Clinical Services Department and for the development and implementation of Terapia’s therapeutic services which provides support for children, young people and families.
Hours: Full time 37.5 Hours
Entitlement: 25 days holiday
Appropriate CPD and annual performance management
- Overseeing Terapia’s Provision of Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy and Counselling.
- Maintaining, imbedding and monitoring the vision for Terapia’s strategy for Therapeutic Services in consultation with the CEO and the Board of Trustees.
- Establishing a business plan that supports the above vision.
- Carrying out administrative, marketing and budgeting duties relating to the smooth running of this service which also includes hiring of the Centre’s therapy and sensory rooms using Skeda system.
- Preparing reports for the CEO and Board of Trustees when requested
- Liaising with external agencies, statutory and non-statutory organisations, schools, head teachers, senior staff and governors in a professional manner.
- Liaising with clinical supervisors, therapists and in-school managers in order to establish and support the service to clients/students.
- Managing and overseeing the work of Terapia’s School Engagement Manager
- Providing clinical assessments and referrals of prospective clients and their families.
- Supervising, monitoring and overseeing all relevant safeguarding and clinical issues.
- Working in partnership with Terapia’s Training Team, Clinical Supervisors and Observation Supervisors.
- Providing training and workshops on issues related to child mental health for external organisations.
- Monitoring, assessing, evaluating and following up delivery of service provided in order to maintain and improve our provision.
- Promoting Terapia’s Therapeutic Services via general publicity and social media
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the CEO in line with the overall purposes of the organisation.
- Having a recognised child psychotherapy qualification. Substantial post-qualifying experience would be an advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of safeguarding processes and ethical dilemmas.
- Good knowledge and understanding of primary and secondary school environment
- Ability to deliver presentations in a clear, concise and professional manner, using appropriate technology.
- Having the capability and experience in marketing and sourcing of new clients in order to generate further business.
- Experience in managing budgets, spread sheets, financial figures on Excel and Sage.
- Ability to prepare tenders and grant applications, to secure financial sustainability of the service when applicable.
- Experience of business development in Children’s Services or a related setting such as social care, health, public sector contracting etc.
- a confident and professional manner.
- the ability to think strategically with a solution focused attitude
- sensitive negotiating skills and competences of a team player
- a self-starter, proactive attitude, enthusiasm and commitment
- integrity, compassion and creativity
- a sense of humour
- excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Application for this post:
If you are interested in this position, please email email@example.com
A Your CV
B A letter of application - no more than 2 sides of A4