To provide counselling / therapy to patients who have been diagnosed with Motor Neurone Disease or their adult family members coming to terms with the terminal diagnosis or perhaps to provide post bereavement counselling / therapy to family members.
• To provide face to face counselling / therapy to MND Scotland clients within the therapist’s own premises where appropriate. Occasionally if counsellors / therapists are willing to travel they may provide counselling / therapy to housebound MND patients within their own homes or if the counsellor’s / therapist’s premises are not suitable for people with mobility issues.
• To occasionally provide either telephone or video sessions to clients who are unable to travel to the therapist’s premises or if there is not a counsellor / therapist available in their area.
• To work within their own Professional Body standards and code of ethics and know when to refer clients onto other services if their issues are not related to MND or if the sessions don’t seem to have an effect on the client or the client is reluctant to stop sessions.
• Ideally counsellors / therapists should have premises that are fully accessible for people with mobility issues and not have stairs.
• Every counsellor / therapist must have a PVG certificate for adults or be prepared to obtain a certificate, the MND Scotland client services co-ordinator can assist with the process if required.
• Every counsellor / therapist must belong to a recognised Professional Body such as COSCA, BACP, BABCP, NCH or similar and should have professional liability insurance.
• To work within the procedures outlined by MND Scotland and to complete relevant paperwork required of the charity.
Payment will be £50 per session upon production of an invoice and relevant session sheets which should be sent in once a month. Payment will be through your bank account.
No travel or supervision costs will be provided – this can be claimed as a tax deduction in your tax return. This opportunity is on a self-employed basis whereby the counsellor / therapist is responsible for their own tax and NIC.
To be considered for this opportunity, please request an application form from Dawn Hamilton, Client Services Co-ordinator, 2nd floor, City View, 6 Eagle Street, Craighall Business Park, Glasgow G4 9XA or email email@example.com If you require further information please either email Dawn or telephone her on 0141 332 3903.
Once completed return the form back to Dawn along with copies of your counselling / therapy qualifications, insurance and copy of PVG certificate or PVG number (again you can still apply if you don’t yet have a PVG and arrangements will be made for you to obtain one before you provide counselling / therapy to our MND clients or family members).