Salary: £27,000 FTE (£23,625 pro rata)
Contract Type: Permanent, Part Time, flexible to be discussed ( max 35 hours)
To start as soon as possible
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years. Supporting vulnerable people across Hampshire, Dorset and West Sussex, YOU gives them the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
The appointed Counsellor Supervisor will:
• Be a skilled and experienced counsellor
• Be a member of BACP and work within their Ethical Framework
• Be a qualified (or working towards) supervisor who is able to support the practice of a diverse team of counsellors
• Be able to contribute to the development of the counselling services
• Be confident to deputise for the manager in their absence
This is a wonderful opportunity for a qualified and experienced counsellor/supervisor to utilise their skills to support volunteer counsellors. As well as offering group supervision to all volunteer counsellors, you will work with the Service Manager to develop, and in some cases deliver, a programme of professional development. This is an opportunity to be the clinical lead for the team and support the manager in the day to day activities of Counselling Portsmouth and ensure the service meets all contractual requirements.
You will be required to retain a small case load, to meet your professional development as well as the needs of the service. You will lead on the arrangement of and carry out initial assessments. This is a multi-faceted and developing post that will be open to change, growth and development to meet the emerging needs of this service.
We are looking for a skilled and experienced counsellor/supervisor who has a commitment to supporting the development of volunteer counsellors and the service as a whole. You will be passionate about working within an ethical framework and being the clinical lead for the service. You will be a person who is able to work on their own, understanding the needs of the service and be able to prioritise work.
You will also work with the Service Manager to develop bespoke counselling teams and work alongside other YOU services where in-house counselling may be required in order to meet their contractual obligations or add value to their existing services. You will be directly responsible for implementing ethical compliance across YOU in all counselling services. You will be skilled at identifying and meeting the growth and development needs of your team, offering appropriate supervision when needed.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
• Competitive rates of pay and paid business mileage.
• Enhanced annual leave entitlements, sick pay allowances and pension scheme contributions.
• Excellent and professionally certified training with opportunities to undertake apprenticeships and other qualifications.
• Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
• Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
• Everything you need to carry out your role.
• A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
• The chance to work with amazing people.
How to Apply
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please either submit your CV and covering letter by clicking ‘Apply’ or calling Cindy Gilmore on 07825 053515.
Cindy will talk to you about the service and ask you a few key questions to help assess your suitability for the role. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview. Please be aware that we are seeking to recruit the first suitable applicant to this post and will book interviews with you at a mutually agreeable time following successful pre-screening.