We are currently recruiting for a Helpline Coordinator and Supervisor to manage the day to day operation of a safe and effective rape and sexual abuse telephone helpline service.
RASASC is a registered charity which has been providing support to male and female survivors of rape and sexual abuse (both recent and non-recent) and young people aged over 13, from across Surrey since 1992.
We provide one-to-one counselling, group support, a national Telephone Helpline, Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) service, and peer- to -peer 'confidence' groups.
Our telephone helpline is currently open four evenings a week, Monday – Thursday, from 19:30 – 21:30 and two volunteers are on the Helpline on each shift.
Volunteers are an important part of the work we do. Volunteers staff our Helpline and our qualified counsellors (BACP) work on a voluntary basis with survivors of rape and sexual abuse.
Helpline Coordinator and Supervisor
This role is based in Guildford. You will provide support and supervision, together with two other helpline supervisors, to the Helpline volunteers and you will be responsible for helpline volunteer recruitment and retention.
· Coordinate the allocation of volunteers shifts using our online helpline rota, ensuring adequate cover across operational opening hours.
· Line manager two Helpline Supervisors and promote effective teamwork to ensure best outcomes for all callers and helpline volunteers.
· Manage and attend the monthly supervision evening (the 2nd Tuesday of each month) with volunteers and supervisors from 19:00 – 21:00.
· Provide debriefing to volunteers who require support.
· Together with the Helpline supervisors, devise a learning and development programme for monthly supervision evenings.
· Address any issues, performance/attendance etc. with volunteers together with their assigned supervisor.
· Bring innovation by identifying and implementing improvements to the Helpline.
· Ensure compliance with safeguarding procedures in relation to helpline calls and follow RASASC’s safeguarding procedures.
· Provide monthly statistics and other funders monitoring information to the Fundraising Manager and/or Chief Executive Officer as required.
· Monthly meeting with Chief Executive.
· Manage the process of recruiting volunteers and carry out inductions and interviews.
· Oversee and coordinate the helpline training programme, working together with Helpline trainers, to be delivered three times a year.
· This post holder reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Skills and Experience - Essential:
· Counselling or ISVA Diploma or equivalent
· Experience on relevant telephone support helpline
· Experience of supervision in a group or individual setting
· Excellent organisational skills
· Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
· Knowledge of rape and sexual abuse issues and impact
· Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with a diverse range of people
· Understanding of safeguarding protocols and procedures
Skills and Experience – Desirable:
· Experience of facilitating groups
· Experience of Helpline Supervision
In return, we can offer you 25 days’ annual leave (pro rata), eight public holidays (pro rata), contributory pension scheme, reimbursement of official travel expenses at 40p per mile.
For more information:
If you are interested in joining our team or if you have any questions about the role please do give us a call as we would love to hear from you – contact Liz Joyce on 01483 568000 for more details.
How to Apply:
Please complete the attached application form and return to Liz Joyce email@example.com
Closing date for applications is: Noon on 29 April 2019
Please note we do not accept CVs.