School Project Managers are the heart of Place2Be’s mission: helping thousands of children break through the emotional barriers to learning by providing high-quality counselling and support.
We’re looking for experienced, confident communicators to manage services in schools in your region – supervising Place2Be Counsellors on Placement, and building great relationships with children, families and teachers.
If this is something you’d be interested in, please view below.
Your new employer:
Place2Be is the leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert professional development to improve the emotional wellbeing of children and young people, families, teachers and school staff.
We provide children’s mental health services in 294 primary and secondary schools, and last year provided in-depth training in a further 31 schools, reaching a total school population of over 142,000 pupils Our teams provide a range of services in our partner schools to build resilience early in life through counselling, creative work and play and support a child’s ability to engage in school life.
To effectively manage all aspects of the Place2Be school project in partnership with the school, ensuring that the children and young people are provided with therapeutic and emotional support.
Key duties & accountabilities:
Ensure high quality clinical practice and delivery of a full and effective service in Place2Be:
• Undertake one-to-one clinical work with children and/or young people
• Plan and deliver Place2Talk
• Plan and deliver group work in consultation with the school and the line manager
• Identify and discuss potential referrals with school staff keeping the line manager informed
• Assess and allocate children and young people to the appropriate Counsellor on Placement
• Noting any safeguarding and child protection concerns; giving advice and support in regard to clinical work and supporting the development of clinical skills and experience
• Participate in supervision with the Cluster Manager and discuss and report any concerns or issues arising from the supervisions that have taken place with the Counsellors on Placement or within your own work.
The ideal candidate will essentially:
• Hold a recognised qualification in counselling or therapy
• Possess recognised membership of a relevant professional body (BACP/ PTUK/ UKCP/NCS/BPS)
• Possess a qualification in supervision
• Have post qualified experience in a clinical role and an understanding of children, young people and schools
• Have a willingness to undertake clinical assessments and hold clinical case-load
• Demonstrate an understanding of working with children and young people who require or would benefit from emotional and therapeutic support and experience of the school environment
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of child protection policy and procedures and commitment to safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults
North Ayrshire - St John's Primary School
£14,000 per annum (pro rata from FTE of £28,000pa)
Permanent – 2.5 days per week (Monday - Wednesday[am])
St John's Primary School, Morrison Avenue, Stevenston, KA20 4HH
Closing Date: Monday 6th May 2019 at 11.59pm
1st Interview: Tuesday 21st May 2019
2nd Interview: Wednesday 12th June 2019
Start Date: August 2019
For further School Project Manager vacancies, please visit our website.