This is an excellent opportunity to join an outstanding and thriving secondary school which serves the local community.
Malmesbury School is looking to appoint a School Counsellor who will embrace the Happy, Caring and Excellent school ethos. Malmesbury School is part of The Athelstan Trust – a small Multi Academy Trust consisting of three comprehensive schools locally.
The successful candidate will be a key figure in a well-established counselling service which supports students and staff in the school community. They would need to provide a professional and confidential counselling service, making a significant contribution to the promotion of good mental health and wellbeing.
The successful candidate will work under the Deputy Headteacher and Designated Safeguard Lead at Malmesbury School.
We are looking for candidates who have:
• a relevant recognised Counselling or Psychotherapy Diploma/Degree- ideally having also completed a Post Grad diploma specifically related to working therapeutically with Young People
• a minimum of two years post qualification experience
• a professional, kind and calm manner
• a secure understanding of the developmental, emotional, social and educational issues faced by children and young people
• strong interpersonal skills
• an ability to work sensitively with others to build effective professional relationships
• a deep knowledge of therapeutic approaches that work with children and adolescents
• previous experience of supporting Young People therapeutically
• experience of providing both short and longer-term counselling and an ability to use knowledge and experience to assess and apply to most appropriate approach on an individual basis
• an interest in ongoing professional development
• an understanding of, and sensitivity to, the school ethos
• a valid registration/membership with a relevant professional body such as BACP/UKCP
• accreditation with a professional body such as BACP, UKCP, BPS or be working towards accreditation
Malmesbury School is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this obligation. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced disclosure by the DBS.
The closing date for applications is 9am on 19th July 2019. With interviews taking place on Tuesday 23rd July 2019. Please note: we are unable to reply to each individual application. If you have not heard from us by 23rd July 2019, please assume that your application has not been successful.
Please visit the school website for all further information - www.malmesbury.wilts.sch.uk